Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Our fantastic trip!

Dave and I celebrated our 10 year anniversary in July. I wanted to do something really special for him. So after searching for the perfect time the plans were in place. I planned a 4 night 5 day trip to Puerto Rico without him knowing. The boys stayed at my friend Amy's house down in Lincoln. The Sunday night before we left I took Dave out to eat. I gave him a card that told him to go into work on Monday and tie up his loose ends because we were leaving on vacation at 4:00. He was shocked!!! It was so exciting. I also left the location up in the air. He started guessing right away! He didn't guess until 6:00pm Monday night. I was bursting at the seams to tell him so I said "YES!!" We left at 5:40am Tuesday morning. We had a wonderful time! The weather was 80-90* everyday! We spent time on the beach and the pool. The food was awesome! We found a new love called mofongal. It is green plantations fried and mashed with garlic and butter. YUM! We took a boat tour to a island to snorkel and swim. When we were snorkeling we saw a black stingray. So cool but a little scary! We stayed until Saturday and returned to snow on the ground! Big shock to the system!